2/20/2011

SharePoint 2010: Color Coded Calendars (updated!)

 

As I’m working on my customization book I am revisiting every one of my past “quick tips”. As I do so I am often finding a better way to do something. I ran into some issues working around the asynchronous loading of calendar events with the article below. After digging more into the code behind the calendar pages in 2010 I have found a much better way to trigger the color coding code, which fixed a few other issues along the way. 

 

The original article, with the updates is here: http://techtrainingnotes.blogspot.com/2010/06/sharepoint-2010-color-coded-calendars.html

 

(An article may be written and published, but seems it is never finished!)

.

2 comments:

Pris said...

Hi Mike, Good day to you! I have some questions on SharePoint 2007 and hope you can offer me your valuable advice. I am wondering if it is possible to include a legend for the color coded calendars to show what the colors represents?
Also, is it possible to include a legend in a calendar to explain the abbreviations used in the calendar?
Last but not least, can notes be inserted under each month of a calendar to share important information of the dates on the calendar?
Hope to hear from you soon, thank you!

Mike Smith said...

Pris,

Sure. Just add a Content Editor Web Part to the calendar view page (see here about one issue) or edit the page in SharePoint Designer 2010.

Mike

Note to spammers!

Spammers, don't waste your time... all posts are moderated. If your comment includes unrelated links, is advertising, or just pure spam, it will never be seen.