5/15/2010

SharePoint 2010: I’m Studying for the new Exams! (you can follow along…)

 

Exam time!

I’ve been playing with 2010 for nine months now. Wow, time flies… I’ve decided to start the final “cram” for the exams and thought I would share what I’ve learned along the way. So I’ll blog about how I’m studying for each of the “Skills Measured” in Microsoft’s exam descriptions and the resources I’ve found.

 

 

About the Exams

  • For a list of the 2007 and 2010 exams see here: http://techtrainingnotes.blogspot.com/2010/02/sharepoint-certification.html
     
  • The 2010 exams won’t be available until July 12th 2010 (humm… two months after the “official” announcements on May 12th.)
     
  • There are two “tracks” with two exams each:
     
    •  Development:
      • 70-573 TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development
      • 70-576 PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications
         
    • Administration (ITPRO)
      • 70-667 TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Configuring
      • 70-668 PRO: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Administrator
         
    • RUMORS and such…
      • and according to here (and other blog sites) if you pass both 70-573 and 70-576 you will get
      •   SharePoint 2010 MCPD (Microsoft Certified Professional Developer).
        BUT… I can’t find this on any Microsoft site so far…

      • and according to the same sites if you pass both 70-667 and 70-668 you will get
           SharePoint 2010 MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
        This may be correct as the Microsoft pages use the term “PRO”, but they do not outright say MCITP.
         
      • Both of those would be fantastic, but I think the TS and PRO are pretty clear as being MSTS and MSITP (if you know otherwise, and have a Microsoft reference, please post a comment)
      • The same sites say that you must pass the first exam to take the second, i.e. you must pass 70-573 to qualify to take 70-576
        BUT… this is not stated on any Microsoft site so far…

 

In the end…

  • I’ll have passed some exams and have some new cool certifications to brag about!
  • I’ll have the content I need for the boot camps I plan to offer though MAX Technical Training
  • I’ve hopefully made the exam prep easier for you
  • and I’ll have lots of new ideas for blog articles!

and…

  • I will not be passing on anything that might be covered under NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) or any question I might see in the exams when I finally take them.

 

So follow along and you can share what I find and maybe share my pain…

 

My first exam will be 70-573, and the fun starts here: http://techtrainingnotes.blogspot.com/2010/05/sharepoint-2010-preparing-for-70-573-ts.html

 

.

No comments:

Note to spammers!

Spammers, don't waste your time... all posts are moderated. If your comment includes unrelated links, is advertising, or just pure spam, it will never be seen.