See here for schedules and registration: http://www.spsevents.org/city/columbus/columbus2014
SharePoint Office 365 Governance... Should you do it? Can you do it?
Track: IT Pro, End-User, Business
SharePoint’s greatest strengths – flexibility and ease of use – can also become its greatest weaknesses if you don’t adequately plan for tremendous growth and proliferation of SharePoint sites/usage. Office 365 greatly expands the governance challenges as it is so easy for anyone to create a new 365 subscription.
Topics will include:
• SharePoint Governance – the core issues are the same
• You must have a policy for the cloud, even if it’s just “don’t go there!”
• The unique issues of cloud based SharePoint
• The backup, auditing and security management challenges
• Dealing with external users
• To get you thinking
• To get you concerned
• To convince you to get started on a plan
• More questions than answers! (homework!)
• A list of things to be concerned about.
• A motivation to have a plan.
• Most of your existing governance still applies.
• Office 365 is a moving target!
• The need to communicate the plan to the users of SharePoint.
• That a plan will never be complete, it will evolve as you integrate SharePoint into your enterprise, and as SharePoint Online evolves.
See you there!