SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Edition
“An unexpected error has occurred.”
Here’s a great error message from the SharePoint 2010 Chart Web Part when attempting to connect to an Excel Services published workbook:
To add to the fun, the correlation ID does not show up in my Event log or the SharePoint logs.
Here’s the steps to reproduce:
- Create an Excel file
- Publish it to a library
- Add a Chart Web Part to a page
- Click Data and Appearance
- Click Connect Chart To Data
- Click Connect to Excel Services
- Enter the path to the published file and the range of cells to use
- Click Next
Type something in cell A1… I.e. add a heading for each column:
Looks like a great opportunity for a better error message!