Project Phoenix is inviting unemployed or underemployed developers to propose a software project for a non-profit agency, school, or church. The idea is that we will provide a package of the latest software, tools, and training resources to help you improve your skills, get up to date with current technologies, gain practical experience, potentially earn a recommendation for your efforts, and in general, enjoy the feeling of accomplishing something useful for others. We are not giving out a 'free lunch', just supporting your efforts to personally gain from your own 'sweat equity'.
- Client is a USA IRS 503(c)3 non-profit, school, or church, OR a Canadian CRA registered charity,
- Solves a problem or satisfies a need for the client,
- Client desires the project and is supportive,
- Uses any combination of .NET 4.0, Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008, or Windows Phone 7,
- May be a new software solution, or an upgrade to an existing software solution,
- Additional consideration given projects that will be posted on Codeplex with a GPL license.
All 24 selected developers will receive the following award benefits:
- Microsoft: Visual Studio Ultimate with MDSN subscription,
- Pluralsight: three (3) month Standard subscription to On-Demand!T .NET Training Library,
- APress: three books(3) of the winner's choice,
- O'Reilly Press: three (3) eBooks of the winner's choice,
- ComponentOne: license for Studio Enterprise components and tools,
- Microsoft Learning: Vouchers for two (2) Free Certification Exams
- Quest Software: license for Toad® for SQL Server
Every two weeks for the remainder of 2010, two (2) additional developers and projects will be selected.