When displaying most SharePoint list and library pages the Search scope dropdown at the top of the page includes a "This List" entry. This
is missing for Wiki pages. There are three ways to search just the wiki and not the entire site. The first two are standard SharePoint, but a bit hidden for wiki's...
- First display the Wiki as a list:
- Click View All Site Content and then click the wiki or
- Scroll to the bottom of the Quick Launch area (below the Recycle Bin link) and click "View All Pages" or
- Display the wiki as usual and then click the wiki's name in the "crumb trail"
- Select "This List: wiki name" from the search scope dropdown
The following is a bit more formal and does not require the user to navigate to the wiki first...
You can setup search to point to any URL, inside or outside of SharePoint. Here's how I setup one for a Wiki:
(Search scopes can be setup from both Central Admin and your top level site - this example is from a site)
- Go to your wiki page and copy the URL, up to but not including "home.aspx" (http://maxsp2007/training/MyWiki)
- Go to Site Actions, Site Settings
- In the Site Collection Admin column click Search scopes
- Click New Scope
- Type the name or title to display in the search scope dropdown, optionally add a description
- Check "Search dropdown" and click OK.
- In the line for the new scope click Add Rules
- Click Web Address
- Paste your Wiki URL in the Folder box
- Click OK
- The scope will not be displayed in the search scope dropdown until the next full or incremental search index run.