Microsoft is “expiring” a long list of exams in September.This means that:
- Anyone working on the related certifications has six months to complete these exams, or never be able to finish certifications they have been working on.
- Anyone wanting these certifications better get started ASAP.
- Time to review your study and training plans and budgets!
- You should review the rest of the “Expiring exams list” to see what else is going away, and check this list periodically . (dates currently range from March to Sept 2016.)
- New certifications, exams and classes are going to be announced soon.
These certifications are Impacted. (The tests for them expire 9/16.)
- MCSD: Windows Store Apps Using HTML5 (481, 482, 490)
- MCSD: Windows Store Apps Using C# (484, 485, 491)
- MCSD: SharePoint Applications 2013 (488, 489, 517)
These exams are going away in September:
- 484: Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps Using C#
- 485: Advanced Windows Store App Development Using C#
- 488: Developing SharePoint Server 2013 Core Solutions
- 489: Developing SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions
- 490: Recertification for MCSD: Windows® Store Apps using HTML5
- 491: Recertification for MCSD: Windows Store Apps using C#
- 492: Upgrade Your MCPD: Web Developer 4 to MCSD: Web Applications Examination
- 499: Recertification for MCSD: Application Lifecycle Management
- 517: Recertification for MCSD: SharePoint Applications