More changes in Office 365 / SharePoint Online… (I guess this is an ongoing topic for my blog…)
In this update…
- The Tasks rollup found in Welcome, About me, Tasks is going away.
- The Task list Sync to Outlook button is going away!
- New feature: Delve! (formally Oslo, built on Office Graph)
The Tasks rollup found in Welcome, About me, Tasks is going away.
According to this Microsoft support article "The Tasks menu option will be removed from SharePoint Online during the next few weeks." The article is dated September 6, 2014 and must also be a "moving target" as it is already in Revision 7.0!
The Tasks page is still in my subscription.
The Task list Sync to Outlook button is going away!
The same support article listed above has a note towards the bottom that says: "Additionally, the Sync to Outlook button will be removed at a later date."
The Sync to Outlook is still in my subscription.
New feature! Delve (formally Oslo, built on Office Graph)
To see this on is Office 365 you will first need to enable the "First Release" option. Click here for info.
As there's a lot on the web already, I'll just give you a few links to get started…
- Introducing Delve (codename Oslo) and the Office Graph
- Work like a network! Enterprise social and the future of work
- Channel 9: Introducing Codename "Oslo" and the Office Graph
- Office Delve: search and discovery
- Office Delve for Office 365 admins
- And do a general search to see what else is out there!
Ready, Shoot, Aim!