9/23/2014

Did you ever want to take a Microsoft exam from home or the office?

 

Starting today, if you are a U.S. resident (and if you’re not stay tuned—they’ll be expanding soon), you can take dozens of the MCP and MTA exams from the comfort of your home or office through a process called online proctoring by Pearson VUE. Or as Ken Rosen says "Come on, admit it: you’ve always wanted to take one of our exams in your pajamas. I can’t be the only one."

See Ken's blog article here and the details, rules and regulations here.

When you look at the list of exams available you will find numbers like 462-OP (on premise?). Add a 70 in front of the number and remove the "-OP" to find the equivalent exam ID. (70-462).  The "98" series exams just have the normal number with "-OP" added to the end.

Here are some of the "OP Beta" exams that are "in my world" (SharePoint, SQL, etc.):

346-OP Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements
347-OP Enabling Office 365 Services

410-OP Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
411-OP Administering Windows Server 2012
412-OP Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services

461-OP Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
462-OP Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
463-OP Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012

480-OP Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just took the 70-410op - what a disaster. 5 mins into the exam I was told It was being canceled because my mic was not working. Well I set up the test to use my headphones - within the rules. But after a TSA type webcam interrogation I was told to remove the headphone from my computer as I would not need them. well you see what happened, that's when I lost audio. Bang no valid test. I was however able to finish out the test, non-valid at this point, and it seems like it is a different format then the in person version. about 50% multiple choice and 50% click a tab or item.

I would just go to a testing center if you have the option , at least at this point in time.

Note to spammers!

Spammers, don't waste your time... all posts are moderated. If your comment includes unrelated links, is advertising, or just pure spam, it will never be seen.